I bet you a dollar that over a decade ago, when these two got together in high school, they didn’t know they’d have one of the best weddings ever! With all their family and guests traveling from all over to Myrtle Beach for their South Carolina wedding, it was easy to tell how loved they are.
Some of my favorite things from this wedding:
- The ode to their pups on the coozies for the guests (they love their dogs so much… and like so do I)
- How excited everyone was for the two of them! When you’ve been together for as long as Courtney and Jimmy have been together, everyone is excited that you’re finally making it official!!
- Their first dance song (by Gavin Degraw) and the smiles on their faces as they were tearing up the dance floor!
- The jersey that Jimmy gifted to Courtney (with a love note that simply said something along the lines of “I got back too late” — he had plans to write her a note to go along with the gift the morning of the wedding, but the guys pre-ceremony plans at a barbershop were very delayed!)
- The speeches from the father of the bride, the matron of honor, the best men! The best men cracked me up. One of them summed up how in the time that Jimmy and Courtney have been together, he’s dated numerous people, and how even though it’s typical for groomsmen speeches to end with some knowledge bombs on happy marriages… his advice was “Keep doing what you’re doing because it’s worked for the last 10 years!”
- The florist action – all the grooms family and family friends were helping but together all sorts of flower displays!
- How happy both of them looked – Courtney was beautiful and Jimmy was dapper and I love that they couldn’t stop looking at one another!
- How tremendously kind everyone was – my least favorite part of the wedding day is family portraits… because I have to start nicely yelling at people to get them all organized, and people were telling me they appreciated it, which made me laugh and still feel a little bad about yelling.
- Their gorgeous and simple ceremony! They wrote their own vows and man were there some ~moments~ Laughter and tear jerking ones! The best combo.
- The stunning day – it was beautiful outside! Couldn’t have asked for better weather!
- And finally… the celebration! Everyone was up and moving and there were some amazing dance moves! All the shimmying and shaking was happening.
To Jimmy & Courtney – thank you for having me capture your big day!! It is an honor, especially since I knew you back in the high school days!
And also, big thank you to Rachel, my very talented second shooter for joining me for this South Carolina wedding!
AND NOW, onto the photographic preview!
Leave a Reply