Sometimes I think I’m the luckiest photographer in the world. Sometimes I know I’m the luckiest photographer in the world. Kristin and Johnny definitely helped feed into that knowledge.
Kristin contacted me a while ago telling me she wanted me to photograph her. And I was like Cool alright that’s awesome. Then they booked their wedding date around when I was available. And I was like Whoa okay that’s really amazing. Then we met for their engagement session and I got to know the two of them a bit. And I was like Wow these two are so phenomenal. Then during all the wedding planning correspondence, they were the gushiest, sweetest, most adorable couple ever. And I was like I am so lucky to work with a couple so sweet, adorable, kind, genuine, and all the good words you can say about people.
Their wedding day went so insanely smoothly – and I think it has to do with just how much joy there was that they were finally becoming husband and wife!
Some of my favorite things from their wedding:
- Them (obviously)
- Their families – they were all so fun and so sweet, and I shouldn’t have been surprised since the lovely bride and handsome groom were also so fun and so sweet.
- Johnny pretending I wasn’t there – kid is a goofball. During getting ready pictures, I told the gents to act as if I was not there, and throughout the day Johnny kept asking me if I was there or not.
- The fact that Kristin and her bridesmaids were playing Heads Up when I arrived. I didn’t say much but definitely was playing along in my head while photographing.
- How low key they were – they didn’t need anything insanely fancy, she wore flip flops, the bridesmaids picked their own navy dresses, he wore chuck taylors… I thought it was so nice that they really let their wedding day be about their love for one another rather than about the extravagancies that many weddings focus on.
- The fact that music plays such a role in her and her dads relationship. She surprised him not once, but twice, with songs that were meaningful to the two of them.
- Their food truck – not only was the food delicious, but her mom got in and helped out a few times!
- The speeches. I’m a sucker for speeches because I think there is a lot of emotion in them and as someone who doesn’t know the ins and outs of the couple, it’s awesome to hear little inside jokes, some back story, and slightly embarrassing odds and ends. Her sisters did a speech together and compared their story to the Tale of the Three Brothers from Harry Potter.
- Their sunset portraits (Am I’m allowed to even say this? I took them and it feels boastful but I mean check them out, they’re so dreamy)!
- and finally, their vows. They did personal vows and they did an AMAZING job. I was choked up while listening to them make promises to one another that were so perfect for their relationship and how they’ll grow.